- as of 2013: Member of the editorial board of the journal Journalism and Discourse Studies
- as of 2013: Member of the Review Board of the argumentation series of the journal Studies in Logic, Grammar and Rhetoric, (Mouton de Gruyter)
- as of 2012: Member of the editorial board of Topoi: An International Review of Philosophy (Springer)
- as of 2011: Member of the editorial board of CADAAD (Critical Approaches to Discourse Analysis Across Disciplines) journal
03.2008-03.2009: Swiss National Science Foundation ‘Fellowship for prospective researchers’ (Project n° 119687)
- 2017: 2nd European Conference on Argumentation (ECA2017), University of Fribourg, June 20-23.
- 2017: Communication and Cognition: Miscommunication (COMCOG2017), University of Fribourg, Feb. 8-10.
- 2015: Argumentation & Language, University of Lausanne, September 9-11.
- 2015: 1st European Conference on Argumentation (ECA), Lisbon.
- 2014: CDA20+ Symposium, VU University Amsterdam and University of Amsterdam, September 8-9
- 2011: Communication & Cognition 2011: Manipulation, Persuasion and Deception in Language, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland, January 26-28.
- 2010: 6èmes journées Suisses de Linguistique, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland, 9-10 December.
- 2009: “Langue Française en contextes”, Association for French Language Studies Conference 2009, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland, September 3-5.
- 2008-present: Member of the scientific board of a number international conferences
- 2008-present: ad hoc reviewer for Applied Linguistics (Oxford Journals) Critical Discourse Studies (Taylor & Francis), Language and Cognition (Mouton de Gruyter), Topoi (Springer), Studies in Logic, Grammar and Rhetoric (Mouton de Gruyter), Lingua (Elsevier), Argumentation (Springer), Text & Talk (de Gruyter), Journal of Language and Politics (John Benjamins), CADAAD Journal. Routledge monographs
- 2014: Scientific reviewer for the NWO (Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research)